Digital Transitions’ DT RG3040 Reprographic System was developed to meet the high demands of the cultural heritage digital imaging community while protecting the integrity of the materials. This system, with its electronically controlled column, fully aligned components, and casters with adjustable and retractable dampeners optimizes ease of use while ensuring the creation of superior digital images every time. The DT RG3040 Reprographic System is also designed for use with virtually any camera, lens, or shutter system in order to prevent obsolescence.
Features & Benefits
Legacy copy stands were designed to meet the relatively loose precision required for film capture. The DT RG3040 Reprographic System was built from the ground up for the era of digital capture. Its design and manufacturing surpass the exacting tolerances required for high-resolution digital preservation imaging. It’s ready to use with any digital capture system from low-end dSLRs to the purpose-built DT RCam Reprographic Camera (up to 80MP):
- A 30” x 40” reprographic table with a heavy duty, moveable electronically controlled column.
- Fully aligned components CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) machined to 0.005” to ensure even focus across image plane.
- A utility shelf to hold lighting generator and camera accessories.
- Four casters with adjustable and retractable dampeners for mobility, work surface alignment, and elimination of table vibration. This ensures the highest quality reproduction.
- Archiving of books, manuscripts, and serials
- Bound materials
- Objects to be restored
- Maps and blueprints
- Documents, seals, and coins
- Transparent objects up to 18.9″ x 17.3″
- Glass negatives
- Historic glass paintings
- Rare materials such as valuable graphics, pictures and paintings
- Industrial measuring and testing
- Material analysis, research and development
- Reproductions to visualize structures