Originally designed for the National Archives Records Administration, this system replaces much slower scanning systems used for scanning film, books, maps and loose-document collections.
It achieves preservation grade reproductions at a very fast rate of capture while providing reliability, ease of use and safety of the original materials, the DT RGC180 is the optimum digitization solution for the rapid capture of rare books, manuscripts and loose-document collections. It’s also excellent at the rapid capture of magazines, folios, maps, and newspapers.
For materials which should not be opened 180°, a 100° cradle can be placed on the optional hard-top (which goes on top of the glass platen to provide a general purpose working surface). Or, check out our dedicated 100° BC100 Book Capture System.
Features & Benefits
- Two Height adjusting platforms utilizing dual pneumatic cylinders for raising and lowering the platforms
- Glass platen enables the digitization of up to 25” x 35” books and up to 4” bindings
- Delivers preservation grade TIFFs, JPEGs, PDFs in RGB, grayscale and CMYK modes. Open Source Raw and DNG also supported.
- Operated by foot pedal
- Four retractable vibration dampening casters
- Open platform design allows camera and capture device to be upgraded, thereby preventing obsolescence
- Variable resolution options available
- DT Multi-Crop available
- Easy to operate
- Durable design for years of continuous use, including shutter warranty up to 1 million actuations