Recently the DT Division of Cultural Heritage and Phase One announced our collaboration on Capture One CH 8 Edition that is designed to support and enhance cultural heritage workflows from capture through post-processing by simplifying and automating post-production tasks. With the release of Capture One CH 8.2, we are excited to share the latest new features.
New Features in Capture One CH 8.2
- Capture Resolution Ruler: Easily evaluate the PPI of a capture. Simply drag a line across a known distance (such as the distance between two inch ticks on a ruler) and enter the distance and the tool will report back the calculated PPI.
- Improved Negative Conversion Algorithms: Capture One 8.1 CH revolutionized the conversion of Color Negatives. In 8.2 the tool has been refined, providing excellent conversion of Monochromatic Negatives including those with high dynamic range such as Glass Plate Negatives.
- ICC Profiles specifically for LED Lighting: All Team Phase One 60mp and 80mp digital backs have had bespoke Cultural Heritage profiles created for them under various illuminants. This release includes profiles carefully crafted, measured, and vetted for Flash, LED Area 48, DTLED36, Rosco LightPad Axiom Daylite, Northlight HID, and Tungsten. For more information on the CH Color Profiles please see our C1 CH Webinar Recording starting a bit before 17 minutes into the recording.
- Adjustable Highlight/Shadow Clipping Targets: Under [Capture One > Preferences > Exposure > Auto Levels Clipping Threshold] the user can now set the threshold for automatic adjustments. This is especially helpful in the automatic adjustment of photographic transmissive materials such as color negatives and black and white negatives.
Capture One CH 8 Workflow Enhancement Features
- AutoCrop / Auto Rotate Tool including optional positive or negative margins, user-selectable alignment points for de-skewing, and modes for flat materials, bound materials and fixed crop size.
- Negative Film Reproduction Tool eases the conversion of black & white and color film, as well as other transmissive materials – both positives and negatives. It provides for automatic inversion, easier automatic adjustments and better control of color rendering. All edits are non-destructive and allow the creation of both a master file of the shown-as-negative capture as well as an inverted-for-viewing derivative.
- L*A*B* Color Readout for precise analysis of colors and tones on an Object Level Target or Device Level Target. For workflows targeting FADGI 4-Star and Metamorfoze imaging guidelines this will aid in precisely setting the exposure and verifying color accuracy.
- Focus Meter for fast and precise focusing, tuned to the high quality standards required in Cultural Heritage settings.
- Ultimate Image Quality for Cultural Heritage Photography
- Cultural Heritage Workspaces for Capture One CH
- Cultural Heritage Styles for Capture One CH
- AppleScript support for Cultural Heritage automation
- Specialized ICC Profiles for accurate color reproduction